April 23, 2006
To: All Sun Lakes Aero Club Members
From: Vern Nelson, Web Manager
· SLAC Newsletter May, 2006 Greg Chenoweth, Manager of the Chandler Municipal Airport gave a presentation at our last meeting on the History and Expansion of the Airport.
Minutes of the SLAC Board Meeting
April 19, 2006
Scroll to Board Minutes & enter password
· Minutes of the Chandler Airport Commission March 8, 2006
· The Chandler Flyer April Newsletter from the Airport
the Tower By: Stacey Y. Nichols, Air Traffic and Tower Manager
· Boston Runway Incursion Video (5,225 kb) Courtesy of Bob Earl
· F-22 Raptor Video (5,010 kb) Mfg and In Action. Courtesy of Paul Glaser
· Diamond D Single Engine Jet First Flight
· NATCA & FAA at odds over contract
· A New Niche for LSAs Airborne Predator Control by Light Sport Aircraft
· Radar for your PC Wow!
· Tower at Sea-Tac Mysteriously silent for one-half hour
· User Fees Now effective in Canada. Are they headed our way?
· Quiz #106: Fly Raw Cross-Country Long before GPS, pilots navigated with compass, plotter, and E6-B computer. Lindbergh found his way to Paris using a cheese sandwich. You, too, can dead-reckon like an aviation pioneer by testing a few basic skills. (Note: If you are a pilot, you should be able to answer at least 9 of the 10 questions!-Vern)
· Aging Aircraft No longer a safety issue
· Fact Sheet Download and print the AOPA Aviation Fact Sheet Current Feb, 2006
The Fly Other interesting aviation information
· Michelin Airless Tires New technology
· Museums in Southern CA House; Open Air and Ship
· Yanks Air Museums United State and Canada
· Do You Remember These Video Courtesy of Bob Earl
Note: If you do not wish to receive these updates in
the future, click on
Discontinue sending updates and type in No updates on the subject line.