View Flight on U-Tube April 12, 1933 at Oakland, California
Courtesy of member Bob Earl
Chandler Airport –
Newsletter for our members – The latest information of
interest to SLAC members.
1. The Chandler Flyer: November, 2007 A monthly newsletter of the Chandler Municipal Airport
2. Minutes of the Airport Commission – October 10, 2007
following are courtesy of member Bob Earl
Cockpit Views – View the cockpits (includes text) of 32 Military planes
Mountain Soaring – A new meaning to flying
A340 Accident – Accident on the test bed
Parachuting and Paragliding Incidents – (Video 2.5 mb)
P-791 Airship – A Lockheed development Text and Video
Midair Collision – (Audio 3.8 mb) Tower tape recording
Flying Boat – Firefighting in CA. Water pick up in Lake Elsinore.
Russian SU-30 – Worlds best fighter? – Text and Video (4.3 mb Video Large)
Special Hot Air Balloons – (Slides 2.8 mb in Power Point). We published some of these before,
however there are many fabulous new ones.
Second Kodiak Takes Wing – Member Harold Thomas was
instrumental in the development of this fine plane. It was primarily designed for Missionary work in
out-of-the-way-places. Also includes
Harold’s Gazette November 21, 2007 showing production jigs, production charts,
Travel – (Video 6.8 mb Large) Astronauts
cavorting in space. Courtesy of member Clif Rosch
Blast Demo –(Video 1.8 mb) There is a
tornado in back of a large jet. Courtesy of member Paul Glaser
A-380 – (2.8 mb) Photos and schematics. Courtesy of member Don Tubbs
Planes in Flight – (Slide Show 5.5 mb Large) –
Lots of WWi and some WWII planes in flight.
Courtesy of member Gene Evans
you won’t see on CNN – (Slide Show 1.9 mb) Great
slides. Courtesy of member Dick O’Brien
1. New replacement plastic pilot certificates to become mandatory within two years
2. Once again the F-15 Fleet is grounded. Investigators are concerned with the Longerons.
3. There were 6 aircraft accidents in Arizona during October, 2007
4. ADS-B Comment Period Extended (Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast) Cost per pilot $9,000
5. EAA’s Push for New Homebuilt Rules
6. SR-22 Accident in Minnesota kills four –There have been 17 SR-22 accidents and 35 deaths since 2002
7. Another Quiz on Ramp Checks by the FAA (Test your knowledge and become aware)
8. Lott resigns – Affect on $25 per flight user fee unknown
9. AOPA Visits Phoenix to discuss Super Bowl preparations
10 Cessna Skycatcher (LSA) to be built in China
11 Airports within 200 NM of CHD – There are 122 of them
Carpenter – (Video 2.8 mb) Knowledge of German useful. Courtesy of member Gene Evans
Year Old Sings National Anthem
Heartrending – Courtesy of member Richard Peak
of Liberty – Made up of 18,000 Soldiers? – Courtesy of member Richard Peak
– Hundreds of Recipes. Just in time
for Christmas – Courtesy of member Clif Rosch
Bomb Detonation - (Video 5.9 mb
Large) Courtesy of member Bob Earl.
Astute – Brittan’s newest nuclear submarine class – Courtesy of member Richard Peak
by Bullets – (Video
3.3 mb) Destructive power of
bullets. Courtesy of Member Bob Earl
Wise Old Man – (Slide Show 692 kb) – Live
Life to the fullest. Courtesy of Member Bob Earl.
Disappearing Car Door- I can’t
get two cars in my garage. This would
sure solve that problem.
Courtesy of member Gene Evans
Note: Some of the information included above are links to other websites. They may not be accessible in the near future, however they were accessible at the time of this update.
If you have any trouble viewing the contents of these messages or find any errors, we would appreciate your comments
If you have any interesting articles, videos, slides or photos we would appreciate your sending them to us.
Note: If you do not wish to receive these updates
in the future, click on
Discontinue sending updates and type in “No updates” on the subject line.
Vern Nelson, Webmaster